ReSA Community Leaders Forum
Bringing together the research software community
Research Software Community Leaders Forum
The Community Leaders Forum (CLF) offers an opportunity for participants to meet other community leaders, engage in interactive discussions, and consider how to address common issues to achieve shared goals. The CLF is one of the online forums that ReSA hosts for decision makers and key influencers in the global research software community. ReSA aims to coordinate discussions across a wide range of research software organisations and programs, enabling the community to create outcomes that will achieve both local goals and those of the international community.
The CLF is open to everyone and features a short talk and follow-up discussion, with the aim of facilitating community consideration about next steps to address particular issues. We welcome input about topics for discussion. Please let us know if you’d like to suggest a topic for an upcoming call.
Meetings occur at alternating times to maximise attendance by participants in different time zones. The CLF endeavours to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment, and to engage a broad range of participants from across the globe. Meetings utilise ReSA’s Code of Conduct. To help us plan accessible calls, please let us know any requirements you may have by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to receive the Community Leaders Forum calendar invites automatically and recordings of the talks.
- 15 November 2023, 20:00-21:00 UTC, see notes, video, and slides. Topic: Update on Research Software Alliance (ReSA) strategy, engagement and operations, including the proposed ReSA-RDA Working Group on Policies in Research Organisations for Research Software (PRO4RS), our Organisational Membership program, and the work of our Community Managers in Asia and Africa.
- 18 October 2023, 10:00-11:00 UTC, see notes, video, and slides. Topic: Debrief on the second International Research Software Funders Workshop and release of the Amsterdam Declaration for Funding Research Software Sustainability. Do you adore software? Let your funders know so they can get involved with the Declaration.
- 29 November 2022, 15:00-16.00 UTC, see agenda and blog on International Funders Workshop: The Future of Research Software.
- 12 October 2022, 03:00–04:00 UTC, see agenda, video and slides from the talk by Paula Andrea Martinez, ReSA and Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC), on The Research Software Community in the Global South. This forum was jointly convened with RSE Australian/New Zealand and the Visible Research Software Interest Group.
- 14 September 2022, 23:00-00:00 UTC, see agenda and slides from the talk by Tom Honeyman, ARDC, about aligning publisher policies for sharing code.
- 5 August 2022, 17:00–18:00 UTC, see agenda and slides from the talk by Qian Zhang, Digital Research Alliance of Canada, on the Research Software Roadmap.
- 19 July 2022 11:00-12:00 UTC, agenda and slides from the talk by Michelle Barker, ReSA, on the outcomes of Vive la différence - research software engineers, a workshop that considered how to reframe research software engineering to place diversity, equity and inclusion as a central organising principle.