ReSA’s mission is to bring research software communities together to collaborate on the advancement of research software, to achieve the vision of research software being recognised and valued as a fundamental and vital component of research worldwide.
To deliver on this mission, we invite the ReSA community to join us on these taskforces:
- FAIR 4 Research Software is working to to define and effectively apply FAIR principles to research software, to achieve adoption of these principles, starting from a range of existing community-led discussions. This taskforce has been convened in partnership with the Research Data Alliance (RDA) and FORCE11. Join the group.
- FAIR 4 Research Software Roadmap aims to identify key stakeholders in areas arising from the application of the FAIR principles to research software, to guide strategic planning and investment. Subscribe to the FAIR 4 Research Software Roadmap email list. Consultation with key stakeholders will enable the following outcomes:
- Mapping of existing projects that look at applying some of the elements of the FAIR principles to research software into a longer-term framework to improve strategic alignment and potential collaborators/leads for parts of the Roadmap.
- Identification of opportunities for existing FAIR data initiatives to incorporate a focus on FAIR research software.
- Identification of Roadmap elements that are specific (or that apply in a different way to) to research software and that have not been covered by FAIR data initiatives.
Software sections of RDA COVID-19 Guidelines and Recommendations for policy makers, funders and the research community. Join the group helping COVIID-19 stakeholders follow best practices to maximize the efficiency of their work, and to act as a blueprint for future emergencies.
Evidence for the importance of research software. This taskforce presented its outcomes in this blog posted by URSSI, SSI and Netherlands eScience Centre in June 2020. This work identified and analysed resources that demonstrate the importance of research software to research outcomes, to provide information for sharing with key influencers.
Register of research software funding opportunities. ReSA is facilitating the crowdsourcing of a list of funding opportunities to help its constituent members. This will include national/domain-specific opportunities, as well as those that are available globally. Please email Neil Chue Hong if you’re interested in collaborating on this.
Software landscape analysis. This taskforce identified and analysed the research software landscape in this blog posted by URSSI, SSI and Netherlands eScience Center on 11 March 2020. Help us keep the ReSA list of research software communities) up to date by making comments in the spreadsheet.